Wednesday, August 5, 2009

To extend or not to extend...

I've seen loads of YouTube vids on different types of hair extensions and have always wondered if they would actually work for me. I have long hair already so I wouldn't want them for the length, more for the body and volume they could give to my natural hair, I have a good amount to play with but it's fine so lacks body. There's only so much volume I can get with styling products! I love using my Babylis Conical Wand to create voluminous waves and curls but I can't rely solely on that or I will end up frazzling my hair and ruining project healthy hair. And we wouldn't want that, would we!

GOOD EXTENSIONS...
I watched Lollipop26's video on the Jessica Simpson human hair extensions she was sent and she didn't seem too impressed (the idea of human hair really freaks me out by the way and I'm not sure about the ethical implications of where they get it from???). This was due to the fact that they are not ideal for people with fine hair as the clips show through your hair at the top...not ideal! She did say that if you have thick hair, then this product could be amazing for you. I know she has also tried other ones that came in three wefts (sections of hair) and these seemed to work well for her. I think they cost about £20 per section so to get the full effect would cost me £60, which is quite alot of money to spend on something that may not even look good on me. I also have worries about matching my hair colour, there's nothing worse than seeing someone with awful extensions that look really obvious, ratty and don't match! The look I'm going for is natural and subtle. I'm not interested in going to get extensions woven or glued into my hair as a) you can always see where the extensions join when people tie their hair back and b) it hurts ALOT apparently..so much that you can't sleep! (according to a girl at my work who got it done).
VERY VERY BAD EXTENSIONS...
So hopefully you girlies can offer some help on what would be the best type and brand to go for to achieve something natural. I have a budget of about £80-£100 so I can't go buying anything crazy that costs hundreds. I wouldn't be wearing the extensions everyday, just for night's out and special occasions. I have this fear that the extensions might fall out when I'm wearing them...how embarassing would that be??!! Any suggestions/advice you can offer on this would be great as I'm a hair extension virgin!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...