Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Barbie Pink Lips & Nails, Dune Shoes & Wolfey

I attended my friend's wedding on Saturday and I came over all Barbie by donning candy pink nails and lips.  I was wearing a cobalt blue dress so it made for a nice contrast.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I quite enjoy being uber girly at times.


My makeup for the wedding wasn't anything ground breaking and it's actually very similar to my blog header makeup but using cheaper products.  I never like to go over the top with my makeup when I'm going to a wedding.


The cheap as chips lipstick is by Rimmel (Lasting Finish) and is called Indulgence (004), a gorgeously sickly flamingo pink! 


For a £4.99 lipstick, the formulation is surprisingly good.  The coverage was impressive with little to no faffing around on application.  It's longevity was pretty good too.  I only had to reapply it once after the meal and then it stayed put for the rest of the night.  I love this vibrant shade for it's tan-accentuating properties though.  


Even though the weather here has taken a turn for the worst, I can pretend it's still summer! The only downside to this lippy is the fragrance, I'm not too keen on it. Apart from that it's a great bargain for anyone who loves vibrant pink lipsticks.


The nail colour I have on in the pics above was also a Boots purchase, it's Maybelline Forever Strong Pro polish in Bubblegum.  It's a cool toned candy pink with blue reflects. 


I love how this polish looks on my nails and it dried super quick BUT I must say that it really didn't last that long.  After 3 days it started to peel off in small areas.  So the fact that the polish claims to last 'up to 7 days' is a bit of a joke really.  Maybe it's performance could be improved with a REALLY good top coat.  Do you guys know of one?


Another product I am wearing in the pics above and have become slightly obsessed with lately, is the JK Jemma Kidd Gliteratti Shadow Dust Duo in Paparazzi.  It's basically a liquid gold shadow on one end and a highly reflective gold rollerball powder shadow on the other. 


This is a gorgeous gold shade that has an amazing metallic finish, the kind where it looks like you have molten metal on your lids.  The liquid shadow is gorgeous on it's own but when you apply the powder shadow over the top, it amps up the reflective properties even more to create a really pretty finish.


I had a couple of people on Saturday asking what I was wearing on my eyes.  They are only £5.72 on ASOS at the moment and although they are currently out of stock, they do seem to get regular batches in so keep an eye out!

I have been looking for a certain pair of shoes for what feels like forever now.  Basically I wanted to find shoes that:

a) are neutral and go with everything
b) are comfortable to walk around in
c) are made from durable materials

I managed to find the perfect pair on Amazon,courtesy of Dune!  They just arrived today and they definitely fit the criteria I had in my head.  They are sling-back pale taupe leather shoes with a chunky, wood-effect heel.


I can't explain how comfy these shoes are! The elasticated/buckle sling-back means no rubbing or squashed feet.  The real leather upper is soft enough not to rub in awkward places and the heel is chunky enough to add support, comfort and will make it easy to wear them for hours on end.


I can wear them with jeans, trousers, skirts and dresses and because they are neutral, they can be teamed with pretty much any colour in my wardrobe.  I got them here for only £33.97 including delivery...I think that's  a gret saving considering they were originally £75! So, if you are a fan of Dune shoes, ALWAYS check Amazon because they stock quite a few styles for really affordable prices.


A mish-mash post wouldn't be complete without a picture of my little friend, Wolverine (or Wolfey as he is sometimes known).  I brought a cute little cupcake home from the wedding on Saturday and after taking Wolverine out of his cage to get him some fresh fruit, I popped him on the couch near the cupcake.  

BIG mistake!

He proceeded to try and break into the cupcake wrapping...he obviously thought I brought it home for him! 

He's such a diva!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...