Monday, August 3, 2009

Sleek Limited Edition Curious palette

Sleek have been good enough to send me the new limited edition Curious eyeshadow palette and I must say, as soon as I opened it, I loved it! The only colour I'm not keen on is the very yellow gold shade which doesn't have great pigmentation, it's very sheer and doesn't show up very well.

HOWEVER...I love love love the blues and greens in this palette and the green shade on the bottom left is just gorgeous, it will really suit me. Some of the other shades are similar to the ones found in the other palettes. As always the eyeshadows are a creamy powder consistency and a breeze to use. Some people have reported bad fall out with Sleek eyeshadows but I've never had that problem. It's just a case of making sure you aren't applying too much at one time, build the colour slowly and you won't get the dreaded fall out. The pale gold/cream shade is an amazing highlighter and I find myself using it all the time on the inner corners of my eyes to open them up.

I have posted a pic of what the colours look like and there's a good spectrum of different shades. I'm loving the taupey bronze third from the right on the bottom row...I think the lilac shade will work well on me too. It never ceases to amaze me that you can buy these palettes for less than £5!!! They are really good value for money and the colour pay off is great. I keep reaching for these palettes and I reckon you could create loads of different looks just from one palette. Expect lots of FOTD's using this palette!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...