Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hair: Messy vs. Super Groomed

I would love to be one of those girls who can get their hair big and messy and it looks really bohemian and "just out of bed" cool. Unfortunately, due to my fine hair, if I mess it up, it looks like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Lots of celebs opt for the care-free, mussed up look, like new popstrel on the block, Pixie Lott on the left. I love this Brigitte Bardot inspired look where it seems like she has been frolicking about on a beach all day. Maybe this look takes more effort than first meets the eye but I would guess you just need a good volumising product and maybe a beachy sea salt finishing spray.
I would love to be that carefree with my hair, but unfortunately, I have a little OCD fairy inside me that I have mentioned before and she won't, let me have bits of hair sticking up (how anal is SHE?!). She always wants my hair to be smooth and super shiny, whether I'm rockin the conical wand waves and curls or going for a straight blowdry.
I am definitely in the camp of Kim Kardashian, whereby if my hair is blowdried straight, it's sleek and glossy with a bit of volume. I am a BIG fan of serum! If I decide to wear it wavy or curly, it's still sleek and very tidy. Sometimes I feel like I should try a less "prim and proper" look, go all out and mess the damn thing up. But I know that I would spend all day flattening the sticky up bits down. My hair just isn't thick enough to get away with it and my style is very groomed so it stands to reason that my hair will follow suit.
So, tell me ladies, are you a messed up madam or a sleek siren?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...