Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Favourite Benefit Products

I love the design ideas and overall kitsch retro style of Benefit, it's really fun and colourful, which is an important part of makeup. I have tried loads of their products over the years and although they are pricey, some of them really are worth the pricetag and hype. Here is a rundown of my 5 favourite Benefit products which have really performed well for me and I continue to repurchase.
1) High Beam - Ever since I started using this highlighter a few years ago, I fell in love with it and tried to get everyone I knwo to try it. It is a pearlised pink liquid that is applied to the cheekbones, down the centre of the nose, browbones and cupid's bow. It creates a gorgeous sheeny ethereal glow that is so natural and more importantly there is no glitter in this formulation. It just makes your skin look soft focus which is what I always strive for. It offers an effect that powder highlighters often can't achieve, the sought after 'dewy' look. I love this product and will always go back to it coz I know I can rely on it to deliver.

2) Erase Paste - This stuff is fantastic for concealing any dark circles under your eyes. I only got a tester of it recently from a department store but I've used it all up now and it's definitely on my list for the end of the month! It's hard to find a product that doesn't look cakey and thick under the eyes, that's the last thing you want! You can also use this product to conceal any redness around the nose etc. I highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from under eye bags/circles.

3) Powderflage - This pale pink powder is great used in conjunction with erase paste. Applied after the Earse Paste, it basically softens any lines and illuminates the under eye area, eliminating any darkness. It's very finely milled so there's no powdery effect under the eye. I love it!


4) Bad Gal - I first discovered this chubby smokey eye pencil a few years ago and I was a bit unsure at first as it didn't look like a precision tool...but the more I got used to it, the more I loved it. The thing I love about this eyeliner is that the colour is buildable. You can apply it lightly for a gentle graphite smokey eye or apply more for a dense black line. It can be sharpened to provide a narrow line or left blunt to achieve a really smudgey smokey eye. I like that it's versatile and it lasts for ages which i think, justifies the pricetag.
5) Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner - I love cream eyeshadows that form a base on the eyelid that just won't budge. I'm always on the lookout for a replacement waterproof eyeshadow like my beloved Lancome Colour Dose. These cream eyeshadows from Benefit come in a range of really flattering shades and I love the fact that you can also use them as an eyeliner. You can either use them as a base for your powder shadow or wear them on their own. They are very similar to MAC Paint Pots and Estee Lauder Double Wear Cream eyeshadows (I'm yet to try the EL ones but LipstickRules rates them). They don't crease or budge in any way which is the best thing about them and as you don't need to use alot of the product, they last a long time.
There are some of Benefit's products that just don't work for me like the Dallas bronzer but as with all make-up, what doesn't work for one person may work for the next. Despite the odd disappointment, I'm always interested to see what they come up with next.
So, what are your favourite Benefit products and why?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...