Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Beachy Waves, here I come...

After reading The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog and how the Babyliss Conical Wand can create gorgeous beachy waves, I just had to get one...proof alone that I look to these beauty blogs to decide what I am going to buy next! These blogs have alot more influence over my decision than magazines now. I think that really is a step in the right direction...real people with impartial reviews.

I have tried curling my hair with GHD's but I just don't have the skill!ha ha. I've tried loads of times and it just doesn't look right. I wanted to find a tool that would be quick and easy to use.


I loved the pics Holly had posted coz I like the more relaxed curl look - it doesn't look too structured or like you have tried too hard. I can't wait to try this baby out! I will of course post a pic when I have used it. I have a BBQ on saturday at my parents house to celebrate the engagement and I will be getting all done up for that so I will post a pic then.


I bought the wide barrel version coz I want my waves to be loose. As you can see from the pic on the right, there's a heatproof mat that comes with the wand and also special gloves to avoid getting burnt handies! The wand has different heat settings for damaged/coloured hair, thick hair, afro hair etc, which I think is really good as some only come with one burning hot setting that incinerates your hair! Since I highlight my hair, I don't want to damage it through using heated appliances.

I would be interested to know what products everyone uses to style their hair when they are curling it. I want a product that is going to set my style all day without feeling sticky or hard to the touch. Any suggestions?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...