Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ins and Outs

I had a few little things to list in my first 'Ins & Outs' so here goes...

INS

1) Reaching 100 followers - I was so so so excited to see that I now have 100 people following me. I never thought when I started this blog that so many people would be reading the stuff I was rambling on about. I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who follows me and I really do appreciate every one of you. I hope you all have a go at my Miss World contest!

2) Mac Select Cover Up Concealer in NC20 - I have been using this since I got it the other day and I love it so far. It gives good coverage under my eyes without being too heavy and you only need a tiny bit. I'm applying it with my usual concealer brush and it's working a treat! It also covers any redness or spots and lasts all day.

3) Mac MSF in Natural (Medium) - I got this in the same haul as the concealer and I have to say that this is the best powder I have ever used. I had read Vex In The City's blog (Yinka) and she had said it gives you a matte but glowy complexion...I couldn't work out how a product could do that but....it does! I love it. I just set my makeup with it and use a kabuki brush to buff it in. It just gives such a lovely finish, no powdery look or cakey skin. I need a back up now!

4) Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash/Mask - I had read so much about this product but had never really looked into it. I was in Boots at the weekend and decided to get some and I'm so glad I did. My skin on my face got a bit blocked up on holiday with sunscreen and I got a few spots so this was the perfect experiment to see if this wash worked the wonders that people claimed it did. I have used it every morning and night this week and my skin is now back to it's former glory...no spots!yah! I will definitely repurchase this stuff as it's brilliant if you get a breakout.

5) Weight Loss - I have been going to the gym 5 times a week since the start of February and I have now lost a total of 25lbs, which I'm quite proud of. I'm not on any sort of diet, I just watch what I eat. I'm pretty much averaging a loss of 1-2lbs per week now. I still have little treats so there's no depriving myself of anything. I'm feeling more confident each week and I'm going to keep going until I am super fit. I'm not focused on being any particular clothes size or even a particular weight as I measure my muscle and fat percentages, I just want to be toned and healthy. At least if I do it slowly and sensibly, I won't have to go on some mad diet before the wedding!

OUTS

1) Weather - Where has the sunshine and hot weather gone??? I am very disappointed that the sun decided to take his hat off :( I have a BBQ this Saturday and I was hoping for blazing sunshine. I will be wearing that Coral Monsoon dress I posted recently so hopefully the weather will improve!

2) Hairtype - I hate the fact that I have fine hair. Whenever I see girls with luscious thick wavy manes of hair, I get so jealous. I was born with dark blonde, fine hair and there's only so much volume I can get into it before it drops again. I am now on a mission to find a product which will thicken my tresses and also hold my style when I curl it with my new Babylis Conical wand (this could possibly become my best friend coz my hair looks twice as thick when it's wavy/curly). If you have any recommendations for good styling products that provide great volume, let me know!I will be using the 24 hour body mousse I got from Tresemme in the meantime as I was quite impressed with it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...