Friday, July 3, 2009

Fashion + Home Decor. = Joy!!


I bought these two limited ed. prints last weekend and luckily found I-think-they-match frames for both at Michael store.



You must be wondering how come this artichoke is burgundy color instead what we normally had in USA.
Ah~ you have a great color instinct then. This is what they have in Rome. "The artichoke is indigenous to the Mediterranean region and was first recorded in Italy around 1400."- Flavor of Rome.com. I was told that both green and this wine color artichokes taste the same ~ delicious!!


Here I hang them on our formal dinning room!! Where esle could be a better place for them!!! :)



Then I had these two hand-crafted dancing fairies which is made in Canada from couple years back. I bought them at a craft store in Los Gates. Whenever I look at them, they give me a whimsical piece of quiet moment! The first fairy has a buttery wing and the bottom one has a pair of bird's wing. They both are beautifully crafted from brass. You also can see the swirl reflected on their body from lights.



This one might be an angle since she has a halo!


w/ little decor. our foyer instantly gives our guests a warm welcome! :)


This foyer separates our living room and family room!


I love collecting things. From paintings, drawing, etchings and even sculptures. I know most of people think it takes fortune to keep up a hobby like that but it really isn't the case. I bought that two prints of strawberry and artichoke for $30 and $48 respectively w/ total $20 off discount from the artist, Linda. For me, they are priceless, and I said the artist even gave me her original artichoke mold which will be one of a kind!!! So if things I collected didn't increase the value, my family and I will enjoy those beautiful things for many years to come. I believe that if you collect things that you like, not just that will enhance your home, and life, but also nurture your family's appreciation of small things surrounding them!!



Today is a holiday, DH still has to work. I have no motivation taking kids out alone so I decided to clean our house, move some furniture around for a refreshing look.

I was eyeing a pair of boots from MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA these days. However, while every site/department store is having their final end of season sale, I felt that I might just wait a bit and pair the shoes I had!!

MY ODJ.

1. TOP:
  • American Apparel white tank
  • Neil Barrett black sheer ruched blouse
2. BOTTOM: Washed jeans w/ bead decor.
3. ACCESSORY: Fallon cross chain necklace w/ crystal, cone charm
4. SHOES:
Stella Luna patent black gladiator heels


Christian Louboutin studded booties



Max Mara studded platform clog


My personal favorite is this platform clog from Max Mara. I think I have to bring back this beaded jeans for a even tailored look in the future!!! :)

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...