Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tresemme 24 Hour Body Review

So the time has come to share my opinion of the Tresemme 24 Body Root Boosting Spray, Amplifying Mousse and Finishing Spray that I was lucky enough to get for free! I've taken some pics to let you see how the products worked for me.
The first product I tried was the root boosting spray - the results shown in the pic on the left. I just used it as a styling spray to blow dry my hair and it worked pretty well but the results didn't last that long (I sprayed all over and in the roots but maybe I need to apply more next time?). I wouldn't say it made a huge difference to the volume but it was a decent spray to use just to add shine and help straighten out my hair in general. It's a good everyday blowdry spray but nothing spectacular.
On the other hand, I would say that the mousse worked really well in adding a good bit of volume to the roots of my hair and the pic below was taken 12 hours after styling my hair (with no re-application!).
I felt like it gave my hair a good amount of body and movement without weighing it down or feeling sticky - my usually fine hair felt at least twice the thickness. It made my hair feel soft and natural which is something I really think is important, there's nothing worse than touching your hair and it feeling all stuck together and laden with mousse. All the products have a nice fragrance and the finishing spray worked well to add a bit of texture and shine. I just put my head upside down and sprayed the finishing spray underneath to create more volume. I also liked this product used in conjunction with the mousse. It didn't make my hair look too 'done' which is always good.
All in all the mousse was my favourite product and I reckon it would be really good for using before curling your hair, it would hold it without looking like you have a ton of product in your hair. I would definitely repurchase the mousse (and possibly the finishing spray) as it's good value for money and does what it says on the tin.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...