Tuesday, September 13, 2011

OOTD: Today's Workwear

I am extremely lucky in the respect that I don't have to wear a uniform or a suit in order to conduct my business.  I can express my mood or personal style through what I wear every day to work.  My workwear has to be three things...smart, functional and stylish.  I was meeting a few vendors today and decided to base my outfit on my new turquoise shell top from New Look.


Top: New Look (link!)
Jeans: ASOS (link!)
Leather Jacket: La Redoute
Wedges: Faith
Bag: Moda In Pelle
Necklace: New Look (link!)
Ring: Accessorize


I love this top because it's lightweight, extremely wearable, a gorgeous bright turquoise, easy to wash and you don't need to iron it! What more could you want?! I also like the large button detailing on the back.

My new ASOS supersoft black skinny jeans have proved a big hit too.  They are comfortable, flattering and don't go all baggy at the knee after you have worn them for a couple of days.  I will definitely be going back for more.


My favourite wedges have seen better days and at some point I will have to buy a new pair but I just love them so much.  They are the essence of comfort and go with just about anything.


I got my tan leather jacket from La Redoute as a Christmas present a couple of years ago and although it was £200, it's one of the best presents I could have been given.  A leather jacket in a classical style NEVER dates and will always be current.  This one is buttery soft and gets better with age so it's more of an investment really.


Another nice little purchase was this brown stone drape necklace from New Look which is a lovely contrasting colour for the turquoise top.  I don't often buy jewellery from New Look but sometimes you find nicer pieces like this so it's worth a look.  It was only £6.99...bargain!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...