Thursday, September 16, 2010

Work It Out: Installment Vingt

If you have been reading my outfit posts for a while, you may have noticed that I very rarely wear trousers. Even this weekend when I reluctantly squeezed myself into my Diesels in preparation for the cold weather the bf was shocked. I believe his exact words were "You are wearing jeans! What's the matter?" hehe. It's not that I have anything against trousers, it's just that I can never really find a pair that fit me as well as I would like, so I live in leggings. Low rise trousers, and not being blessed with Britney's pre-baby/ pre-frappuccino stomach, usually leave my hips with bumps I would rather not expose to the world ;).

Despite my fear of what I affectionately call my 'cupcake (rather than muffin) top' this season I have been obsessing over paper-bag/ peg leg trousers, especially the high-waisted ones. They look fantastic on slim hipped girls and athletic figures, accentuating curves and creating a beautiful silhouette. So after lusting after a pair on the catwalks... in the shops... on the streets I decided to give in. If at this point you are wondering if I ever think about anything other than fashion... yes, I think about food too.. therein lies the problem ;).
This whole outfit, now I come to think of it, is from Zara. The trousers and shoes are this season and the puff sleeved shirt is from last season (though they have now brought them out in a few different colours).

The material on these trousers is what made them really stand out. The fabric is very thick, but still soft and has a beautiful paisley(ish) embossed pattern. (Sorry for the rubbish photo).
What do we think of trousers? Am I alone in my futile quest to find a pair that fit (instead of chopping me in half)? Does anyone have any recommendations for longer length, form fitting trousers?

P.S. Please don't say Long Tall Sally ;). xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...