Friday, July 16, 2010

Work it Out: Installment Neuf

I assure you no zebras were harmed in the making of this outfit ;). This shirt is definitely not for everyone, but my love of Cougar Town knows no bounds and when I saw it I had to have it. During the day I wore it with a plain black cardigan so only the collar and cuffs were on show, which toned it down and made it much less 'flashy'.
Shirt: Hawes & Curtis. Pearl cufflinks: Hawes &Curtis. Fishtale skirt: M&S.

 Since it was raining (and excrutiatingly windy to the point where I had to cling on to a wall for support in my stilettos) I decided to braid my hair into a simple side swept fishtail braid. I was inspired by the numerous gorgeous, thick, tousled braids on the catwalk recently, though you definitely need quite a few wefts of clip ins to recreate the look! I made mine sleek and trapped the flyaways with lashings of Andrew Collinge serum (akin to Frizz Ease).

So tell me.. did I scare you with the satin zebra ;)? xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...