Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Review of Biodroga Mineral Foundation

When the summer months hit, I am always open to new foundations with a lighter formulas so a mineral makup promising to give me radiance whilst caring for my skin sounds good!  To give you guys a bit of background on the Biodroga brand, it's a European skincare company based in Germany which concentrates mainly on skincare but the advantage of this is that their foundation will condition your skin as you wear it.  I don't know about you but I hate it when foundations dry my skin out and make it look dull.
The glass packaging feels expensive and features a pump which is always a plus point with a foundation as it saves on mess.  The only downside to a glass bottle is that it can be slightly more cumbersome for travel.  The consistency of the foundation is almost mousse-like and I found that you don't need alot of it when applying it with your fingers.  It blends into the skin seamlessly and makes my skin look softly radiant, streak free and natural.  This is a great foundation for daytime when you want your skin to look healthy and fresh.  It feels really light on the skin and after using it for a couple of months for around 3 days a week, my skin is looking very clear and healthy.  It's hard to say if this was predominantly because of the conditioning properties of the foundation because I am incredibly meticulous about my skincare however it's worth saying that it didn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. 

The foundation has good staying power and I found that it held up for around 8 hours on a summer's day without having to be retouched.  The nicest thing about this foundation is that your skin feels like it can breathe and retains it's natural texture.  Some heavier formulas feel like they are clogging your skin but this one is great for days when you the lightest possible formula with good medium coverage.

This foundation isn't cheap at £30.75 (stockist is http://www.bcidirect.com/), so if you aren't that bothered about foundation and it just isn't your 'thing' or don't like spending alot on your foundation, then this probably isn't for you.  However, if you like trying new foundations, especially mineral ones, then this foundation is worth a look.

If anyone else has tried this foundation, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments box below :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...