Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quirky Classic ~

I don't think I had a picture of this Marc Jacobs alpaca wool coat unbuttoned look and reveal what's underneath before. Oh, of course w/ my clothes one..... ^O^   I always thought it is such a classic piece and demands a more sophisticated look. Even when I use a stud belt cinching over it, I still look very uptight or "overly sophisticated"  in the picture when I looked back at my post.....Quirky Classic Chanel Jacket.


As you guessed, I put together another outfit w/ this Marc Jacobs coat again. Oh, a beige/camel/...... wool coat is another wardrobe staple. (I have a cute reader who emailed me about "what's my 10 ideal wardrobe staple"...and I am still trying hard to jog down to 10 if possible. :P)  

No, we didn't tired them out by shopping up n' down, high n' low...it is just their nap time, that's all!!!! ^O^

I was waiting for Cathy to get ready..... and had some fun taking pic. of myself.... We are off to Filoli Garden today!!

My ODJ. 

1. Top: 
  • Max & Co. black cropped dress
  • Kain label slate tank
  • H&M shoulder patches cardigan
  • Marc Jacob alpaca coat w/ boat necklace shoulder details
2. Accessory:
  • golden roses lace tights (yah, thanks to Cathy who gave me this beautiful tights.)
  • Hobo International embossed snake skin clutch (hooray~ a total steal look for $74 on sale!!!!
  • Africa white turquoise necklace w/ silver beads form designer friend, Elfi. 
3. Shoes: CL studs booties 08'



It is quirky because I had a very unstructured outfit inside a classic coat!!




Got Rabbit?




The weather is too nice and Cathy had to strike a pose too~!!



So far, I nailed down 2 must-have things in the wardrobe...
1. A black cropped skirt/dress, the skirt can be used as poncho if you dare..... the cropped dress is the best candidate to layer for a quirky look for more fun.
2. Beige/camel/anything neutral color wool coat!!!
I hope they make sense to you!! ^O^


There I found an old picture of my friend, Pei n' her son. I love the way Pei did the layers, not to mention the perfect pair of off-white boots she paired w/. The colors are all so soft n' compliment to each other. The ensemble looks so flattered on her at that day!!
 
The boots is from Diesel. 

 We loved the flower patterns n' ruffle details on her shirt (Zara) and also the perfect pair of white frame sunglasses to complete the look from head to toe!!!


Advice?
MOMs, stop focusing on your children alone, get up and get dressed..... I mean a real dress-up for yourself!!! ^O^

See you tomorrow. xoxo Rachel


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...