Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The makeup marathon?

On Friday I had to get ready in a hurry (thank you bf for short notice!) for a formal dinner. At times like this, when I know I have to look the part with minimum fuss, I go back to basics. So I thought I would share with you my little routine for knocking their socks off in under 20 minutes ;).

Before I start I make sure my skin is clean and I take 5 minutes to put my hair up in hot rollers. I usually do my eyes first as I know when I am in a hurry there will be fall out and I will just get flustered trying to clean up. First eyebrows are filled in with powder, no matter how rushed you are please don't forget about your brows! For eyes I stick to 3 shadows- lid, crease, highlight, followed by thick eyeliner and lashes. Yes, false lashes are not for those in a hurry, but they usually take me under 60 seconds flat and I figure that lashes will give your eyes extra impact so there is no need to mess around with shadows too long. (Here I used UDPP, MAC digit all over lid, violet pigment mixed with carbon in crease, vapour as highlight)



I then like to use a pretty full coverage foundation as this saves time with concealer and I know it will last the night. My top pic is Maybelline's superstay 16hr silky foundation (if you want a review please leave me a comment). I may add a little Bobbi Brown corrector under the eyes to counteract the blue, but apart from that the foundation will cover all other flaws. I then set foundation with MAC MSF natural, add a little laguna bronzer, a sweep of blusher and lipgloss and I'm done.
I have always been more of a sprint than a marathon runner ;).

So by the time the makeup is finished and I am dressed I take out the rollers, and after a quick tease and pin I am out the door, or as Calvin Harris eloquently puts it "I put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend" ;).

This time I decided to tease a little more at the crown, and pin back the top half as I was traveling for 2 hours and wanted everything to stay in place. As you guys know I never wear a middle parting, but I was inspired by a photo of a 60s starlet to go a little retro.

What is your routine for getting ready in a hurry? Do you have any time saving tips?
xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...