Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lancome Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base

So I had mentioned a few posts ago that I won a dinky travel sized Lancome Cils Booster on Ebay for around £3.00. After reading the blogs of Aleksis a.k.a. AlphaBlonde and Tali a.k.a. The Gloss Goss and hearing them rave about this product, I really wanted to give it a go. You can see their thoughts on it here http://alpha-blonde.blogspot.com/2009/08/lancome-cils-booster.html and http://theglossgoss.blogspot.com/2009/08/luscious-lashes-with-hypnose.html. If you haven't checked out either of their blogs/You Tube channels then I suggest you do...they are both fantastic and really nice girls.
I thought I would get a sample size so i could see if the product worked on me before I went ordering the full size for more than double the price (I was being sensible for once in my makeup buying life!). The only other lash primer I had tried was the one by Estee Lauder one years ago and I remember quite liking it. The only downside with lash primers is that they can cause the spidery lash effect if you go overboard with them.

This product claims to be a "white mascara base enriched with XL Micro-Fibers to prime and protect your lashes. For use under your usual mascara to enhance its colour and makeup result for a look that is instantly more intense, more captivating".

I'm forever trying to boost my lashes as they've never been great (although they ARE improving ten fold with the Revitalash I have been using for the past 6 weeks...review to come next month). Even though my lashes have been boosted by that, they still need good products to make them stand out.

I applied a thin coat of this before using my usual mascara (YSL Faux Cils) and I noticed straight away that it made a big difference. YSL Faux Cils does an excellent job of boosting my feeble lashes but the Lancome Cils Booster really intensified the effect without creating a clumped spidery effect. I really like this! I really can't be bothered messing around with fake eyelashes coz basically I'm rubbish at applying them...but this product, used with a good quality mascara, means that you can have long, thick lashes without the hassle of fake ones. I am soooo getting the full size at the end of the month!


I have posted a pic courtesy of http://www.feelunique.com/ of the full sized Lancome Cils Booster which is priced at £12.85 which is alot cheaper than I've seen anywhere else...I love that website!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...