Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wedding Day Make-up/Hair

Ok, so it's over a year away but I'm already thinking about what make-up I will be wearing for the big day...yes, I like to plan ahead...way ahead.ha ha. I have a few ideas of what look I want to go for and I want it to be ethereal and quite neutral i.e. no heavy eye make-up and red lippy for me (I, controversially, didn't like Carrie's wedding makeup in the Sex & The City film...I thought it was way too harsh.). Although I'm opting for the paired down look, us ladies all know that natural make-up can actually take longer than doing a more glam look! Don't know how that works...

So here are the looks I have collated for inspiration with celebs with the same colouring as me (blonde hair, blue eyes, lightly tanned)...

Lauren Conrad - I love how glowy her skin is and I reckon you could achieve this with Mac Sun Rush Lustre Drops and some Prestige Skin Loving Minerals in Pure Shimmer or Nars highlighter in Albatross (I don't have this yet but it's on my list!). I love the candlit glow these products give you. Bourjois eyeshadow in Blanc Diaphane also gives a gorgeous glow but you have to make sure you don't go overboard as you can end up looking washed out due to the white colour. I think if I applied a contour bronzer like Barry M Natural Dazzle then the Bourjois product, it would work a treat. But...I also love Benefit High Beam for creating a gorgeous pink glow...I'm never gonna be able to choose what products I wanna use on the day at this rate! I also really like her hair in this pic, it's so pretty in a relaxed and carefree kinda way but I'm not sure if that's appropriate for a wedding look? What do you think? Maybe I could get away with it coz we are going to be getting married on a beach so I wouldn't want anything too structured or severe.

Onto my next inspirational pic...

Hayden Panettiere - I really like the simplicity of this. I'd say that to get this look you would need a light taupey brown eyeshadow, black/brown eyeliner and false eyelashes. I love a nude lip so all these looks will have that...whether it's pinky, peachy or beigey, it's gotta be nude overall. I also love Hayden's hair in this pic, the way it's sweeping across to one side. I really want my hair to be either flowing and wavy or loosely tied up coz I might be bare foot on the sandy beach so I think that would be in keeping with that environment and I have this image in my head of the photos being us on the beach with my veil and hair flowing in the wind etc....

And lastly...
Blake Lively - I like the golden skin with peachy blusher, it looks really fresh. Her eyes also aren't too overdone. I love the hair but once again, I'm not too sure if it's TOO relaxed. I just don't like the whole scraped up-absolutely perfect-loads of hairspray look that some brides go for. Even though I'm a perfectionist, I always gravitate towards looks that are more natural coz generally speaking, they're much more flattering on me.
So guys, help me out, any ideas on products or looks that you think would suit me or help to create a really glowy look?









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...