Sunday, July 19, 2009

FOTD (well, face of last night actually...)

As you can see, I'm quickly becoming addicted to using the Babylis Conical Wand...it truly is the best heated appliance I own (even more than my GHD's!). I love the fact that you can create volume with it at the roots as well as creating gorgeous waves. It makes my hair look twice as thick and I am running around recommending it to everyone I know!
The gloves that come with it did start to annoy me slightly so I tried doing it without them last night...it was alot easier but you have to be SO careful not to burn your fingers!

This was the look I went for last night, it's pretty neutral/natural but I'm sure you've come to expect this from me by now!ha ha...I used the following products:

Face: The Body Shop Tinted Illuminator in no.2, Revlon Colourstay Foundation in True Beige, Estee Lauder Uncircle Concealer in Light, Mac MSF Natural in Medium, Lancome Tropiques Mineral Bronzer for an all over glow, then Barry M Natural Dazzle to create a contour (which is better demonstrated in the pic below), the lightest shade in my new Elf Studio Golden Bronzer as a higlight on the cheekbones and browbone.

Eyes: Lancome Colour Dose in Montego Beige all over lid as a base, Mac Solar Bits in Impassioned all over lid, the palest gold eyeshadow in the Sleek Safari palette in the tearduct and slightly onto the lid, Sue Moxley Eyeliner in Citrine ony along top lashline, a super fine line of Mac Penultimate Liquid Liner in Black right in along the lashes and then YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black.

Lips: GOSH Darling then Bonne Belle lipgloss in Cappuccino.

I really like the Elf Studio Golden Bronzer however I think I will be getting the darker shades as this one doesn't add much colour, it's more of a highlighter really, but lovely all the same. It gives a nice glow to the cheeks and is finely milled, so I would recommend this to people who are either very pale or someone who just wants to add a subtle glow/sheen to their cheeks.
I must admit with shame that was the first time I had used my Mac Solar Bits since I got them (I must have too many eyeshadows!) and I gotta say that I love Impassioned, it's a gorgeous taupe colour and it quickly become a favourite...I can't wait to try Scatterays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...