Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blue Eyeshadow...hot or not?

Hey girlies, just a quick post (I'm always doing that!) to get your opinions on whether you like the blue eyeshadow look that's all over the catwalks at the moment with designers like Gucci. I used to avoid blue eyeshadow like the plague coz I wanted to swerve that horrible tacky blue eyeshadow/frosted pink lipstick look. Yuck.

But lately, after seeing different variations of blue tones on models and celebs, I'm really warming to this cool colour! The catwalk version of this trend, as always, is dramatic and vibrant, but as it has filtered down through the models to the celebs to the magazines to real people, the looks that have been born from this trend are really wearable and pretty.
There are so many differentvariations on the colour blue that I'm sure there's a shade out there to suit everyone.

One example of how to wear this trend in a soft and subtle way is the metallic pale blue lined eyes that Eva Mendes is rocking in the pic. This just adds a really hazy pop of colour to the eyes and I think it would work with any colouring. The fact that she (or rather her make up artist) has teamed it with bronzed skin, peach blush and a neutral nude lip just makes the whole look so wearable and summery. I love it!
The other variation on the look is a bit more dramatic and would have to be a night time look for me. The pic of Kerry Washington below shows how you can create a smokey eye with intense blues using bright blue, navy eyeliner and shadow to smoke out the eye. Once again, the rest of the face has been kept neutral which I think is essential to make sure you're not overdoing it and trying to cram in too many colours.
So guys, what do you reckon to these looks? Will you be trying them yourselves or have you already done something similar? Let me know if you recommend any products to achieve these looks. I'm going to try a blue smokey eye with my newly attained Sleek Acid palette!








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...