Thursday, June 25, 2009

When Fashion Is Some "textile" Away!!!

I was browsing through some fashion magazine the other day and didn't realize it was about s/s 09 collection until later. Models are layering so many pieces and dark colored clothes that no one would tell it is s/s apparel at first glance. Then I realized I was admiring this designer: Neil Barrett. He was a former designer for Gucci and Prada's men collection until he launched his own men's wear at fall 1999. Then there is his collection for both man and woman since fall 2006. The most impressive design from Neil is his 2006 collection of training apparel for Italy’s World Cup–winning soccer team.

Here are some of his collection. I definitely can find some similar pieces in my wardrobe if not exactly the same. :)

Yap, waist coat is the most powerful piece to have an instant stylish look.



I will definitely buy that very short version of coat for this f/w collection !!! So fierce!!


If you are wondering why would I want that coat, then here is WHY!!! These days I am looking into another famous designer: Ann Demeulemeester. I saw her 09 f/w collection is full of those masculine shaped little coats.

pic. courtesy of Style.com

You know, those little coats really isn't that hard to pull off and I believe it will look great on everyone too.

I didn't forget my CHANEL!!!


1. TOP:
  • American Apparel white tank
  • BCBG taupe w/ ruffed detailed vest in zipper closure
2. BOTTOM:
Zara gray high-waist tapered pants
3. ACCESSORY:
  • Black bow thin belt from URBN
  • Chanel 09 s/s multiple pearl necklace
  • Chloe orange Sally 09
  • Max Mara black platform clog
I am so glad that I bought this pair of platform CLOG and I saw similar ones from Miu Miu in full price for this f/w.


The look I inspired from Neil's collection except for I didn't pair black waist coat w/ black pants.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...