Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Folding Shoes and My Daily Skin Routine

I remember hearing about a great idea that someone had thought of for those situations where you have been out on the town all night in your killer heels and the walk home is sometimes hard to bear. Sometimes those beautiful heels can be very painful after a night of dancing! Well, someone has come up with the idea of folding ballet shoes that fit in your handbag so you can whip them out at the end of the night and slip them on for the long walk home. What a great idea! These ones are from http://www.foldupshoes.com/ and they are £26.49 with free delivery. You could use them again and again and I reckon the black ones below actually look quite nice (well you want to walk home in comfort but I wouldn't want to walk home looking like an idiot!ha ha). Apparently it was a guy that invented them after he had to listen to his girlfriend moaning after countless nights on the town. See! Our moaning does achieve great things sometimes!he he.







I don't know about you guys but I am religious about my skin routine, I go through this process even when I'm tired/drunk/on holiday. It all starts with Dove soap. There is no other soap I can use and this one is perfect for my dry skin. I think people sometimes don't give these kind of simple products enough praise as I couldn't do without this stuff! I always take any remainder of make-up off with ASDA Clear Skin face wipes (contains tea tree and witch hazel and only cost 80p each!). These wipes prevent me from getting any blemishes and work just as well as any big brand name wipes.
Every second night I use Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser with a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate my skin. I use Simple Eye Balm and this is great for sensitive eyes. Lately, I have been using Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules which have really made a different to the radiance and texture of my skin. Basically there are two types of capsules in there, Rose Oil ones for the daytime and Lavender oil ones for night time. Both capsules contain various moisturising essential oils. I personally would never put oils on my skin in the daytime as I suspect it would make my make-up slide off my face! I only put the oil on my face at night and it still makes a huge difference. Because I'm prone to dry spots on my face, it just ensures that my skin is well hydrated (but not greasy or oily). I then put my moisturiser on top, which at the moment is just Dove Silk, which I use all the time as it sinks in so quickly and leaves my skin super soft. When I'm feeling super flush, I buy Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream (you can get it on www.timetospa.co.uk in a gift pack for around £50 with about 4 or 5 other products). I love that moisturiser, actually I love most Elemis products!

I think it's so important to look after your skin as a) it provides a smooth canvas for your make-up, b) you don't have to apply as much 'illuminating' products as your skin has a natural healthy glow and c) your skin will age a lot better if you take care of it.
What is your skin routine at the moment? Have you got any fantastic products that you want to share with everyone?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...