Monday, June 15, 2009

Damage Control!


For the last 3 months I haven't been using my GHD's in order to prepare my hair for the intense temperatures in Sicily (I'm heading off on holiday on Saturday - yipee!). As you can see from the pic on the left, my hair just kinda does it's own thing when it's not straightened! Not the tidiest mop in the world!ha ha. Beauty is sacrifice they say though! I've made a conscious effort this year to prepare my hair before I go on holiday by doing a few things. I got my hair highlighted last week to leave enough time for my hair to recover, I haven't used my straighteners in ages and I have been using strengthening treatments for the past month or so. Hopefully this will ensure that my hair doesn't frazzle on holiday like it did last year. I got the nickname "Mo" (as in Mohawk!) coz I had bits of hair sticking up from breakage. I was not a happy bunny and it took quite a while for it to grow back! So I decided to be sensible this time and take some products to protect my hair. I got Joico K-Pak Sun Therapy Travel pack which contains a shampoo, deep conditioning treatment and styling spray which all contain SPF20. I'm planning on plaiting my hair and leaving in the treatment while on the beach to give me nice beachy waves in my hair at night and protecting my hair at the same time. I am going to do a review on these when I get back and let all you girls know if the travel kit is worth re-purchasing. Fingers crossed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...