Friday, October 7, 2011

Fringe Benefits

Remember I was harping on recently about possibly getting a fringe after seeing this pic of the gorgeous Rachel McAdams rocking a wispy Bardot-style one? Well even though it's not a big deal to get a fringe...it kind of was for me because the last time I had one was about 12 years ago!


I felt like I wanted a slight change but I wasn't sure if a fringe was really ME.  I knew I didn't want a blunt one because that would be too harsh against my features but the 60's style wispy one seemed right up my alley so today I just went ahead and did it, using the Rachel McAdams pic as inspiration.


It actually makes me look:

a) much younger
b) (possibly paradoxically) more like my mum but in the best possible way

The thing I like about this fringe business is that I look totally different with my hair up.  It lends a more sophisticated look to messy up do's.  I have no idea how it will look when I wave my hair but we'll soon find out! 


I was never a big fan of wearing my hair up but my hubby is always on at me to do it because he really likes it.  I think the fringe softens my features and so I'm much more comfortable wearing my hair up now.


I do realise that a fringe means your hair instantly becomes more high maintenance and weekly trims are a must since mine is eye skimming level already.  BUT my lovely hairdresser Leigh does fringe trims for free so it just means I get to visit her even more which is always a pleasure in itself!


I just quickly styled my hair up today but I really want to spend a bit more time back-combing it, getting some height in the crown and doing the whole 60's messy up-do properly.  Add a smokier eye and we're ready to roll!

Fringes aren't so scary after all!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...