Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This Month's Fave Products

I like to do a post every so often when I find myself using a few products that really work for me.
I won't ramble on too much about the ones I have featured in the past but I will link to the original review in case you want to look into it further.  Here goes...


Alberto Balsam Mandarin Shampoo - This stuff is cheap and cheerful but it is very gentle on my highlighted hair.  It doesn't weigh it down and leaves it shiny, bouncy and voluminous...well, as voluminous as my fine hair CAN be!  It's one of those shampoos that seems to gently cleanse your hair of any residue from other products.  Plus I love the fruity mandarin scent that lingers in your hair all day!


Fekkai Coiff Magnifique Ultra-Light Finishing Creme - After blowdrying my fine hair sometimes gets that fluffy look about it and although that might be your bag, for me it's just not cool.  I struggle to find products that can tame the flyaways but still leave my hair lightweight and non-greasy.  This super light formulation leaves my hair REALLY shiny, soft and most importantly, leaves no greasy/oily residue on my tresses.  You only need the tiniest amount rubbed between your hands and just rake your fingers through your hair.  For the record, I rarely straighten my hair so products like these are a must for me to make sure my hair looks presentable.


TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray - Another hair fix superhero for me.  I only use this when I'm going out at night when I make a special effort with my hair (blowdrying it to the max or curling/waving my hair).  Sometimes I hanker after brunette hair because you girls get such an amazing shine on your hair.  It's harder for blondes to get their hair super shiny.  This spray gives a glass-like shine that makes your hair look very healthy and nourished (even if it's not!).  People have commented on how shiny my hair is when I have used this in the past.  Once again, it's a super light fine mist spray that smells AMAZING! 


Clarins Mosaique Summer Bronzing Compact - Yes, I know this dude keeps popping up on favourite products lists across the blogosphere but there's a very good reason for that.  It's a great product that gives a very natural finish with just the right amount of colour.  I would say that it matches my love for Dior Matte Sunshine Bronzer (and that's no mean feat!).  You can read my full review here.

Clarins Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour (Soft Peach) - Another amazing Clarins product if you like your peach blushes.  It's extremely flattering on light to medium complexions, you can choose the lighter or darker shades in the pan and it leaves you with radiant cheeks.  I swapped to this when I realised my beloved Benefit Coralista was causing small spots on my cheekbones (still gutted about that).  You can read my full review of the product here.

MAC Mineral Skin Finish (Soft & Gentle) - I must admit that I only use this at night because it is a more noticeable highlighter and would maybe look a bit much in the harsh light of day.  My favourite daytime highlighter remains the same - Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond (yes, that old chesnut!).  I adore the peachy/goldy effect MAC Soft & Gentle gives on the tops of your cheekbones and it's especially beautiful when combined with the above Clarins peach blush!

You can read my 'favourite highlighters' post here.


Illamasqua Powdered Metal (Ether) - On a recent night out, I was wearing a short dress and wanted to make the most of my legs so I blended in some Rimmel matte leg bronzer and then swept this Illamasqua powder down the front of my shins and thighs.  It creates a gorgeous sheen down your legs that makes them look slimmer, leaner and just, well...better!  It also looks amazing on your collarbones and shoulders! You can see my original post on this product here.


MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW20) - To be honest, I wasn't a massive fan of this when I first bought it and it languished in my makeup drawers for a few months.  BUT, after seeing post after post of people raving about it, I decided to give it another go.  I'm glad I did because I finally worked out how to make it work for me.  I think I had been using too much product before and it always ended up looking cakey under my eyes.  However, gently pat the pan and you get just enough product.  I then go over it with a buffing brush and that gives a really natural finish.  Because the shade is a couple of shades lighter than the skin on my face, it's great for days when my eye bags are blatantly obvious!


Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow (Endless Choclat) - An incredibly pigmented shadow that is perfect for a soft smokey eye, softening brown eyeliner or just adding a bit of definition to your lashline on it's own.  I love the metallic finish and it lasts all day long.  I like to blend it over MAC Naked Lunch e/s for an easy every day eye.  You can see my initial review on it here


Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm (Strawberry Sorbet) - A great way to wear a bit of colour on your lip without feeling too self conscious! These balm feel moisturising and comfortable to wear all day and give you that nice glossy finish without being sticky.  I love this shade as a complexion booster! Here's my initial review.

Lancome Hypnose Mascara (Black) - This is my current favourite everyday mascara because it really lengthens my lashes without making them clumpy, it's easy to layer up for more drama and it never smudges or flakes.  I am a fan of quite a few Lancome mascaras actually but this one has been in my makeup bag for weeks now and I grab it every morning without question.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...