Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Review Of Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation

It's no secret that I am a big fan of quite a few Jemma Kidd Make Up School products.  I had heard all the buzz surrounding the Light As Air Liquid Foundation and naturally, this sparked my interest.  It promised a lightweight formula that delivers a super natural finish on the skin.  Even though I'm a medium coverage kinda gal, I do have days when I want a lighter alternative.  To give you an idea of which other lighter formulation foundations that I prefer, my two favourites are Dior Nude and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.


"Ultra light and natural skin foundation for a velvet, shine-free finish. SPF 18.
- Highly blendable & lightweight texture.

- Silicone coated pigments for a velvet feel & soft focus finish.

- Balancing benefits to help keep the skin perfectly matte for an even, shine free complexion.

- Unique long-wear technology for all day staying power.

- SPF 18 to protect skin from harmful rays.

- Comes in 7 different shades"


I would say that this foundation has a similar texture, finish and coverage as Dior Nude Foundation.  It's definitely a foundation I would keep for my 'good skin' days when I have little to no blemishes.  The coverage is enough to even out your skin tone but keep in mind that it won't cover high discolouration or bad blemishes.  The finish is incredibly natural and even on close inspection, you can hardly detect it at all. It's perfect for the 'no makeup' look. This foundation feels really refreshing to wear because of it's lightweight texture and it's so easy to blend into the skin.


This foundation is great for those days when you want a really natural, fresh look to your skin.  I would definitely save this for more relaxed days than wearing it on a night out, for example.  BUT I do really like the formulation and it has good staying power despite it's lightweight feel.  If you have reasonably good skin then you could get away with just wearing this with a touch of concealer.

It did also lend a soft focus appearance to my skin and felt comfortable on my skin, without drying it out or causing any breakouts.

Saying all that, I personally prefer my trusty Estee lauder Double Wear for work and nights out so I will be sticking with that but this is a great foundation for days when you wanted something with a bit less coverage. 

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think of it?

On a completely different note (something I have mentined on Twitter) that I have taken up a Decathlon challenge at my gym.  I wanted to give myself a real physical challenge and also to lose the last few lbs to get to my target weight.  The challenge involves completing 10 different events including things like running, cycling, pull ups, push ups etc.  I will be doing this over the next couple of weeks.  I DID get a pleasant surprise when I weighed myself the other day and found out that I had managed to lose 6lbs in 3 weeks! That was just from eating a balanced diet and going to the gym 5-6 times a week.  I am by no means on a diet where I deprive myself of anything.  I just eat sensible meals and healthy snacks.

My bone structure is definitely built to be a toned size 12.  You know how some people look weird, drawn and unhealthy when they lose too much weight? Well that would happen to me if I went below a size 12.  I think everyone has a comfortable and healthy size/weight and it isn't always a size 8 or 10.  I think everyone has to keep that in mind when they are setting target weights for themselves.  I wouldn't want to lose my curves because they are very much a part of who I am.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...