Sunday, September 11, 2011

OOTD: Green Jeanie

You never realise how much of your life you keep on a computer until it dies.  My laptop's hard-drive somehow got frazzled a few days ago and ever since then I have been suffering sleepless nights, thinking about all the information, business files, documents and photos I might have lost.  Luckily, my dad is a whiz with computers and after a lot of tinkering, he managed to salvage everything.  PHEW! Needless to say I will be backing everything up at the end of every day now!

You may or may not have noticed that I haven't been as present lately on blogger and that was the reason.  But the drama is now over and normal service can resume!

My Canon 550D digital SLR camera arrived a few days ago so I have been playing with it ever since.  That now means that the photographs on my blog will be far superior to what they were.  This is my first OOTD (Outfit Of The Day) post in a long time but it was a good opportunity to test out my new camera.  As you will have noticed, I have changed the format of my blog slightly to try and make things easier to find under tab names at the top.  Hopefully this will make the blog easier to navigate and in the event you want to look at something specific, you should be able to find it there.


My mum took the pics of me and you can probably tell I was a bit embarrassed to be posing in front of someone so that explains my funny facial expressions! I felt like a bit of an idiot because my hubby, dad and brother were busy making faces at me as I did it! (Note to self...next time just use the timer on the camera to save my dignity!)

Blazer: Warehouse
Jeans: New Look (link!)
Top: A Wear
Shoes: Dune (link!)
Ring: Dorothy Perkins
Necklace: Accessorize


I had been hankering after coloured jeans for a while and although I spied some gorgeous bright purple ones on ASOS, I'm still in two minds about whether to buy such a bright colour.  So, for now, I settled on getting these teal skinny New Look ones for just £16.99.  I love the colour and ended up going back for the tan-coloured ones too.  I find that these jeans are good quality and very versatile too so I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of them.


I still have my eye on the ASOS ones because in all honesty, I'm a sucker for bright colours!  I have a Cerise pink top from Reiss that is a lovely contrast against the teal jeans.  It's fun to mix up the colours in your outfit and try different combinations.


I should be posting a lot more OOTD's so watch out for them.  I have a lot of catching up to do with regards to my blog reading list and YouTube vids so that's what I will be doing for the rest of tonight!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...