Thursday, September 29, 2011

Adventure through the Kitchen!

This Kelly Moore's "Peeled Pistachio" color totally upset my appetite... with the first attempt. 
Photobucket


Finally the color I want for the kitchen soffit. 
Photobucket

Yes, I definitely agree with my contractor that green is the toughest color to paint for any home. So I start looking for inspiration from our counter top, kitchen appliances, home decoration,.. and then I found HONEY. Oh, no, I mean, the sticker on top of the honey jar which is exactly the green color I dreamed for my kitchen. I think we nailed it!! What do you say?!!


Photobucket
We had to custom mix this green color from Home depo. The color come out very close but it gets darken a little after we painted it on the soffit. 

Photobucket
Another inspiration of green color. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


As oppose to kitchen's big white cabinet, the family room has one wall of strong "Dior Gray" paint from Benjamin Moore. 

My little blog reader, Anna, who joked that since this "Dior Gray" sounded so couture, why not name the neon green "Balenciaga Green"!! {Of course, why not?!} Then I might as well name the kitchen soffit green, "Proenza Schouler Sage Green", how does that sound to you? 



Be adventurous!!
xoxo Rachel 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...