Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BBQ, Estee Lauder & Holiday

As I said in my previous post, I had a BBQ at the weekend to celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary, my parent's 33rd wedding anniversary and the launch of the new business.  It was stressful getting all the food prepared and cooked on the day but we managed to provide enough food for an army.  It went down really well and we even got a bit of sunshine despite the bad weather reports!  Here's me with Findlay the golden retriever...


He doesn't look too keen on me hugging him...how rude! The dress I am wearing is a maxi from Next and it was the perfect dress for a BBQ...comfortable, flattering and summery.

I wanted to include a great product in this post that I have been using over the past couple of weeks.  It's the Estee Lauder Signature 5 Tone Shimmer Powder in Bronze Shimmer.  I already have the Pink version and love it as a blush and highlighter!


You can either use the shades individually or sweep a powder brush across the whole pan and blend into your cheeks.   This shimmer powder is quite pigmented and is perfect for sunny, summer days or radiant holiday skin.  It just gives your skin that extra polish and luminosity.


Here's how the shades look when swatched individually...


And now all the shades blended together...


This powder has a really finely milled shimmer that makes your cheekbones look sheeny but not glittery.  I love how smooth and buttery this product is and that makes it really easy to blend it into the skin flawlessly.  It goes really well with pink or peach blushes and you can control how intense you want it to be.  It feels like a really summery product and is perfect if you are going for the golden-bronzey sun-kissed look.

I notice they just released a LE Illuminating Powder Gelee which looks really interesting!  Let me know if you have tried it and what your thoughts were.

So it's only 5 days until we jet off to Greece with 7 of our friends and the excitement is building!  I think I have everything I need for the holiday so there won't be any last minute panic attacks.  I have stocked up on lots of tried and trusted holiday products and also some new ones which I intend on reviewing whilst I'm away.  Here's a few I will be reviewing when I get back:

Korres Red Vine Hair Sun Protection Spray
Clarins SOS Sunburn Soother
St Tropez SPF30 with Tan Enhancer
St Tropez AfterSun with Self Tan

So stay tuned for those reviews when I return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...