Sunday, July 24, 2011

OOTD: Well the weather outside is frightful...

The weather outside may be frightful, but sale shopping is delightful!

Returning from the glorious Turkish sunshine to be faced with the typical English summer rain I was feeling a little down - not least because I wasn't able to show off my hard earned tan ;). Between the drizzle, wind and cold I have resigned myself to the fact that summer may be over in England, without ever having really begun.

I always find this type of changeable weather difficult to dress for - you can't afford to go all easy breezy in summer dresses for fear of a downpour, but can't wrap up too warm as you never know when those few elusive rays of sunshine will fight their way through the clouds. So I was very excited when I spotted this little waterproof number in the Warehouse sale. I love the light colour, the short sleeves and the pretty laser cut detailing. It's light enough to keep you cool in the heat and show a little skin, while keeping you dry in the drizzle. Never has such a practical purchase looked so cute!
 Coat: Warehouse (now £25!!), Purple Dress: LK Bennett, Shoes: Kurt Geiger.

Have you made any exciting purchases in this summer's sales? xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...