Thursday, May 5, 2011

Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator Review

Hair removal is not the most glamorous of topics, but for us girlies it is an unfortunate necessity.  I am pretty fickle when it comes to hair removal, if I'm going on holiday I book a waxing appointment, if I'm at home with some free time on my hands I epilate and if I'm in a rush (ie. most of the time) I reach for the razor. I was therefore really excited when I first heard about the new Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator, which is an epilator and razor in one, giving you the long lasting effects of an epilator with the smoothness of a razor!
I was kindly sent this to review a few weeks ago, and have been using it once or twice a week since. I really like the fact that I can use it wet in the shower in the same way as a razor (with shaving cream). This not only makes the whole process faster, but also saves time cleaning up.  

On first use I was a little apprehensive as the smoothing head is much bigger than a razor, so I was worried that it could be a little awkward to use in areas such as the ankles and knees. Luckily I haven't had any cuts so far as the pivoting head works well to navigate these tricky areas, while the non-slip ridges on the side make it feel pretty secure, even with soapy hands. The automatic light also helps to find any stubborn hairs you may have missed. The dual head glides smoothly while its 40 tweezers claim to remove even the smallest hairs (0.5mm) from the root, while the shorter hairs are shaved with the Gillette Venus blade. It really does work in just one stroke! 

Now I'm not going to lie - I am the biggest wuss and have a very low pain threshold. I have always found epilating painful, and though this epilator is not especially painful it's still not an experience I look forward to. What does help is that unlike traditional epilators you don't have to make multiple passes over the same area. Even if a hair is not picked up on the first swipe by the epilator the blade shaves it off, so there is no need to repeat. 

The Braun Silk-épil 7 also comes with multiple heads so it  can be used dry in the same way as traditional epilators. When used dry, although it does pick up most hairs on the first swipe, there are a few left behind so if you want a smoother finish you will need to repeat.

Overall I'm really impressed with the Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator and am going to continue using it as my preferred method of hair removal - it works quickly and gives a smooth finish that lasts longer than regular shaving. Although it is pretty pricey (around £100) I do think it's worth investing in a good epilator, which will be more efficient and less painful, ensuring you will get more use out of it. The biggest advantage of the dual dpilator for me is that it can be used in the shower, which saves a lot of time (I usually use it while I'm waiting for my conditioner to do its magic). 

What is your preferred method of hair removal? Do you epilate regularly? Have you tried the new Braun Silk-épil 7 dual epilator? xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...