Monday, February 7, 2011

Soupe a L'Oignon au Fromage -- My Signature Dish!

We had a small Luna Year Party at home on Sat. evening and we gave out red envelops to the kids just to remind them this tradition.


Photobucket
During the day outfit when doing grocery shopping..... 


Photobucket


1. Top:
 Taiwanese designer 胡雅娟 one shouldered silk top


2. Bottom:
Mandarin and General washed silk elastic pants


3. Accessory:
J crew green glass brass cuff
BR brass studs skinny belt
Hobo International Faux python clutch 


4. Shoes:
YSL iridescent taupe tribute platform 


Photobucket
That's how much onion I cut....15 at least....crying and tearing... it is no use even I soak the onions in advance!!  
(How come I forgot to use my Food processor???!! duh~~~)


Photobucket
Sweat the onion until they caramelized (golden brown)!! 
I use Brandy instead of Cognac (for some recipe) and you always can drop more liquor into the bowl before you serve to your guests! So they can really taste it.......and BE DUI!!....haha... (Just kidding =) )


Photobucket
Soupe a L'Oignon au Fromage(click the link for recipe) 


Photobucket
I think we need more grated Gruyere on top!! 


Photobucket



Outfit for Lunar year party in the evening.
Years ago a Vintage find (Celine wool dress) 

My guests do arrive w/ RED outfit..... for girls, they wear red blouse, red trench or red dress such as ME which is more creative compared to guys who all wear "red polo shirts".......haha.... kind of explaining guys here in Bay area has a very dull selection for their casual wear. :P 
Photobucket
Finally my hair grows down to my shoulder...thanks to my hair stylist who is current in vacation so I can be resistant for the urge to have hair cut. hah...

Photobucket

Photobucket
The weather is too perfect today that I have to wear this whole outfit again ....... 

I love the cozy feeling of bathing in the sun today. 


Have a good Monday!
xoxo Rachel 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...