Thursday, November 5, 2009

Free Nails Inc polish w/ Glamour


 I must confess that I am not a huge fan of Nails inc polishes, not so much because of their formula, but their packaging. Maybe it is just my personal experience, but I have found that the lids of the bottles never close tightly and so the polish dries out super fast. Yesterday I even discovered that one polish, which I had previously used only twice, had actually disappeared on me, leaving behind less than half a bottle of thick, pink gloop :(. Off to the trash it went, and I was left wondering what I had spent £10 on...

However, being the sucker that I am (let's face it) I still picked up Glamour today purely for the free Nails inc polish. I decided on Victoria, a deep, dark cherry red reminiscent of the Chanel Rouge Noir craze many of us went through a few years ago.



On application the varnish was quite streaky, though I find that to be the case with most dark polishes. To get a really opaque, rich colour I would recommend applying three coats, though I am far too lazy to paint my nails five times over (base coat+3 coats polish+ topcoat= far too much work), so I stuck with two and I think the overall look is pretty good, though not entirely even. Luckily, my Seche Vite topcoat comes to the rescue of any patchy manicure as it provides a high shine masking any streakiness.

This colour does require a bit of work, but it is vampy, sexy and perfect for autumn. Now I just have to wait and see how the polish lasts. If it goes in the way of its ancestors to a sticky, dry death I shall definitely be reporting to you all :).

Has anyone else had this problem with Nails Inc polishes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...