Friday, July 10, 2009

New Inspiratioin -- Cut-out Leggings n' Save!!

pic. courtesy of Shopbop.com
The other day, my friend, Isabel, called me and asked about what do I think of the look of distressed leggings!!

She once saw a girl wore Kain label shirt, Elisabeth & James blazer which is same as ours and rocked in this pair of distressed leggings. She is so inspired by the look!! However, she found out the leggings all cost around $110 to $125. Well, I must say, if we can do an experiment on our own leggings, I think we will save us half of the retail price. :) Besides, we will have one of a kind look of ourselves too.

Then, Isabel and I were talking about how to cut ourselves a nice pair of leggings and not showing too much of "crafted" work on our own. (Not that craft work is not good!!)

Here I go today!! I dug out this purple glitter leggings which I bought in Pairs last Nov. and cut couple slits of the style I like but reserve most of the leggings. The trick is you have to prepare a very sharp scissors and a pair of higher denier (thick and tighter) leggings. You have to wear them on to cut the desired places a small slit first. Then you decide you want to cut it more to the left or right!!


Isabel and I don't like too many tears which would look like a zombie or look like we just fell off the cliff. haha......I think this pair will go perfectly w/ my Kain Label tank too!!


So what do you think? Classic rock n' roll or posh eclectic? Do or Don't!!?

My ODJ.

1. TOP:
  • J Crew distressed gold tank (I got it bigger to cover my butt)
  • Kain Label tank
  • Elisabeth & James while ruched sleeves blazer
2. Bottom: Purple glitter leggings (bought in Paris)
3. Shoes: Diesel gladiator heels
4. Accessory:
  • Fallon cross/crystal/cone brass necklace from Barney's
  • Chanel 09 s/s multiple pearls w/ rhinestone necklace
  • Chanel 08 s/s metallic silver classic clutch
  • Chloe 09 s/s orange Sally
First, I try this safer look w/ Chanel pearl and classic clutch!!


I might just cut out more slits on leggings later on.


Then I am trying this posh eclectic look w/ cool necklace and Chloe bag.


Maybe not w/ the blazer!!


Maybe I can take off Chanel pearl necklace too!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...