Sunday, July 5, 2009

Drugstore Haulin!

I popped into a local Boots store this afternoon to pick up a few things (I can't go past it without getting something!).

I had seen and heard everyone raving about how good the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Wash/Mask was so I decided to pick one up for myself. I'm generally not that prone to spots but when I do get them sometimes, I like to have products within easy reach that will make them disappear asap! I will give this a go and see how it performs for me.
I also picked up a darker shade of my old favourite Maxfactor Lasting Performance Foundation in Honey Beige. Before I discovered Revlon Colourstay Foundation, I used this all the time but when I applied it again recently with my tan, the shade I had (Soft Beige) made me look really washed out. So, I got the one two shades darker, which will suit my complexion when I have a tan. Sorted! I think I will still use Revlon coz I love it, but I sometimes like to wear the Maxfactor one, the formulation is a little lighter and good for when I don't need as much coverage.

Now that my tootsies are always on show in summer sandals, I thought I better step up my efforts to keep my feet looking pretty. I ALWAYS have my toenails painted but I wanted to find a good foot cream to make sure my feet don't get too dry. I got Soap & Glory's Heel Genius, which has all kinds of super moisturising ingredients and should make sure my little trotters are ready to showcase my new bright Barry M nailpolishes.

After reading Hele Says blogspot a couple of days ago about the Kiss Draw on French Tip Pen, I knew I had to try this brilliant product out. I love french manicures coz it's a really clean look and always do it myself at home. I normally use white polish to do the tips but this can be very time consuming and sometimes messy! I got the Kiss product today (for about £5) and used it this afternoon, with fantastic results! This is so quick and easy to use and it leaves you with nails that look really professional as you can see from the pic. I love it!
The last product I got was an eyeliner from Prestige which is cut out of the picture at the bottom (doh!). It's a lovely navy blue colour and I'm looking forward to using it in a FOTD soon...has anyone got any suggestions about what colours would look good with it? I thought maybe another soft smokey eye look or maybe just as a pop of colour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...