Friday, May 15, 2009

Today, I am mostly lusting over...

Ok, so there's always cosmetics and clothes and accessories that I lust over but I think we all need that "I need it now" list to keep us going at work and remind ourselves what we are toiling for. I must admit that a well deserved shopping trip after payday is a sure fire way to put me in a good mood! I'm going on holiday to Sicily in June so I have had my eye on a few things to take with me...here is a rundown of what I am planning on getting at the end of this month...

So, if I'm being totally honest with myself (which I don't like doing coz that makes me feel guilty about buying stuff), I don't really need jewellery as I have more than enough already but when I buy an outfit, I always feel the need to buy accessories to go with it! I was in Accessorize the other week (one of my favourite shops for gorgeous jewellery and bags) and saw this necklace. It would be perfect for alot of the dresses and tops I have.


Then, while I was looking around Accessorize, I stumbled across the Monsoon Fushion range and spotted this cute little skirt that would be great for my holiday and for when I get back (yes I do get side tracked and end up buying stuff that really isn't for my holiday). I love the colour of this skirt and I have loads of stuff that would go with it (namely a lovely pair of nude caged high heeled sandals!)
And whilst the thought went through my head about the nude sandals, I then spotted a gorgeous bag in Dorothy Perkins (Suzy Smith range) that would go very nicely with the outfit! I have now connected the dots in my head of the necklace with the skirt, my caged sandals and this bag! My brain seems to be programmed to put together whole outifts rather than just single items.

Of course when I found the above bag, I also spied another one that I thought could work really well with a few outfits I have to. It's a really sweet little straw clutch with black patent trim and I reckon it could really work well with nice wedges on holiday for nightime.

I have wanted these sandals for quite a while now and kept seeing them in magazines so I ventured in John Lewis and checked out the Dune section (a favourite haunt of mine!) and drooled over various styles for a while. I don't normally wear flats as I prefer to live in my heels (despite the threat of bunions or mangled feet in years to come). I just feel like I walk with better posture and hold myself better in heels. However these flat sandals are bling enough to attract my attention and keep it! I think they would also go well with the straw clutch above.
Now, I saw this dress last month on www.oli.co.uk and really wanted to get it but they didn't have my size (I hate it when that happens!) but I checked again recently and they have more stock in so i will definitely be getting this dress. I think it's lovely and girly for summer and could be dressed up or down. it would look great with a cropped black blazer, black ruffled platform high heels (which I bought last month from Steve Madden) and a black clutch. I could also pair it with the flat Dune sandals above and the necklace from Accerssorize! Yah! I'm on a role.







Now, for my last and final item that I want to get, it's this 100% silk dress from Dorothy Perkins. I'm loving the whole colour blocking trend at the moment coz it appeals to my love of bright colours. I think the orange/coral colour on this dress is really striking and would look fantastic with nude accessories. Gladiator sandals would really finish the dress off nicely. I wouldn't normally shop in Dorothy Perkins but if you get a chance, check it out. They have totally stepped up their game when it comes to shoes and bags especially. It used to be a frumpy kind of shop but they have had a well needed make-over and I have to say that I love what they are doing.

















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...