Friday, March 20, 2009

How timeless a piece can be when bought at chain stores??

I would say the answer is UP TO YOU!! Oh, yes, here we are talking about clothes in general.

It really is a state of mind when pairing clothes of what you had in the wardrobe and what do you want from the current trend. Right now, I am so wanting a pair of gladiator heels but it seems neither the budget nor the design fit into my category from the current selection. I thought every ensemble I paired would look great w/ a pair of gladiator heels. They effortlessly add edgier look to every outfit. I must not go astray spending on things which is not in my wish list!! hah....... Like my friend,
Isabel, said, I need to focus on searching my dream shoes.

But what's the substitution for a luxury spending?
Answer: Shopping at Chain stores.

Shopping at Kohls, Target designers for less, Zara, H&M ....etc. those chain stores is definitely a bargain. But how often you wear them and how long you would keep those pieces in your wardrobe? Personally I am very selective and I admit very occasionally I'd shop my clothes there. I like fine fabric, fine tailor. And it must have something to do w/ personal taste, budget, personality and most importantly, my age. I am in my early 30s and I am inclined to buy better quality pieces for them last longer. I wish my daughters would appreciate them when they grow up.

I bought a shorts from Zara couple weeks ago and planned to pair it w/ this smoky pink top which I had from Zara last year. I am glad they work well together so I don't have to find a top for the new shorts. I must admit, it must be my sign,
Virgo, since I like to maximize every single piece I had/kept in my wardrobe. I know one day my tiny closet will run out space for new things, but by then, I'd like to keep everything and work everything w/ my new buys.

My ODJ!

1. TOP:
  • Zara collection smoky pink side ruffle sleeves top
  • Plastic Island long tuxedo blazer
2. Bottom: Zara moss green pleated, cuff shorts
3. Accessory: Lenora dame beads and embroidery necklace (bought at Anthropologies)
4. Chanel black bow w/ cc dangle earrings 09
5. Chanel Valentine's coral flap 09
6. Shoes: Boss Orange two-tone platform Mary-jean heels

Surprisingly, the tailored long blazer has a slightly bold-shouldered look of this year's big trend. Thanks to a bigger size of this blazer.





This Mary-jean has light color strap (silver/taupe), it won't cut legs short.


The super cute Chanel Valentine's flap is not just cute, it adds feminine color and look to my casual ensemble.


Long blazer always gives a relaxed casual chic look.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...